Tuesday, May 3, 2011

next for Love Lace Luxe


We snapped shots of the chic bloggers who attended the IFB Conference at Milk Studios last NYFW, looking for the best dressed, and after much deliberation, Fashion Director Kate Ciepluch and Style Director Morgan Wendelborn picked their winner: New York-based Francesca Alfano of LoveLaceLuxe.com. A collection of inspirational photos and cool style finds, LoveLaceLuxe is a must-add to any fashionable blog roll.

Check out our Facebook album to see Francesca’s winning outfit and the five runners-up.

Shopbop: What made you decide to start a blog?
Francesca Alfano: I’ve always admired fashion and found myself constantly browsing through a ton of fashion websites daily. My friends were always coming to me for fashion advice, whether it was trying to help them decide on what to wear for a certain occasion or asking that I take them shopping for clothes. I realized that I wanted to pursue my love for fashion by sharing clothing I enjoyed and photography that inspired me. I started lovelaceluxe.com in March 2010 as an outlet to express my personal style and inspirations.

SB: There are so many fashion blogs out there. What do you think the key is to making your blog stand out from the pack?
FA: I have my own voice. LoveLaceLuxe is a place where readers can check out the latest trends, advertising campaigns, street style, industry news, and what’s hot in NYC at the moment, all on one site. I update it frequently and keep the material consistent for my followers.

SB: You post fashion editorials and inspirational images. What tends to catch your eye?
FA: Something that I can’t stop looking at: a beautiful model, an amazing shoe, interesting lighting, or unique styling. These all tend to catch my eye.

SB: How would you describe your personal style? And how is your blog an extension of that style?
FA: I would describe my style as polished chic. I try to stick with classic clothing and neutral colors (the majority of my closet is black, navy, and cream), but this doesn’t mean I’m afraid to take risks! A lot of my clothes are vintage or basics from a store that everyone can afford. I love accessorizing a $20 H&M dress with chunky vintage jewelry or an interesting belt to make my outfit more unique! On my blog, I like to post interesting accessories, handmade jewelry, or trinkets that are key to making a good outfit! Everything on my blog, from the editorial content to clothing, is something I am totally in love with or would wear. This allows me to really stay true to my personality within the blog.

SB: Who is your style icon?
FA: For a while now, I have been really inspired by street fashion as opposed to having one style icon. I love seeing how average women create these awesome and accessible looks without having a stylist or a ton of money—to me, this is true style. Fashion is expensive but style is not, and many stylish girls are not rich. My mother also will always be one of my style icons. She has excellent taste and has always given me the best style advice. Whether investing in a classic piece of jewelry or a handbag that I will have for a lifetime.

SB: Who are some of your favorite bloggers?
FA: I have a list of 50 or so blogs I try and read daily! It’s difficult keeping up with all of them, but a few of my favorites include Emily from Cupcakes & Cashmere, Geri from Because I’m Addicted, Rumi from Fashion Toast, and more recently, I have been getting into Sabrina’s blog AfterDRK. I also have various street style blogs on my reader, including Jak & Jil, Stockholm Street Style, and Vanessa Jackman.

SB: What’s next for Love Lace Luxe?
FA: You are definitely going to start seeing more of my personality and personal style! I am going to start sharing more about my “bargain finds” because I am very thrifty, and want to share this side of me with my readers. I’m always looking for new fashion adventures, so my readers will be able to explore these with me through my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...